hello and welcome to my new website!Â i know it looks pretty bare right now, but i hope over time this can become the place where all my work is collected in some kind of organized manner.Â i plan to post updates here regularly, and i have many current/upcoming projects to share with you all very soon.Â for now, here is a small preview of what’s to come in the remainder of the year:
1. a new mini album called how they are, recorded live to two inch tape at type foundry studio (portland, oregon, usa) and mixed all in one day, back in april. it’sÂ a sparse and intimate collection of songs and stories for voice, piano, and guitar.Â hush records will release the cd and digital formats in north america, and bella union will handle the rest of the world with cd, digital, and 12″ vinyl.Â there are three songs up on myspace, plus a video I made for the first track on the videos page.
2. autumn/winter touring around europe in support of the new release.Â primarily theaters and churches and art spaces with acoustic pianos, but also some festivals and rock clubs. i’ll be adding many new dates on this page in the coming weeks and months
3. a split 7″ release with johan g winther (aka tsukimono) should hopefully be ready in time for the october concerts.Â it’s a little 4 song ep called “peter broderick & johan g winther on johan g winther & peter broderick.”Â more details about this soon! johan will be joining me on tour for three weeks and supporting many of the concerts.
4. new score for congregation, a new experimental dance piece by kma.Â read more about this ambitious piece here. the work is just under 25 minutes, and the score consists of many many layers of many many instruments, including violins, violas, cellos, pianos, guitars, voice, celeste, glockenspiel, synthesizers, electronics, melodica, percussion, field recordings, and more… performances begin in september/october, including a few nights at tate britain.
5. more news soon! for now, you can have a look at this little animation which i recently made the soundtrack for. and read more about it here.